Creating a New Service
In the current version of the NSRR, a Service Publisher cannot arbitrarily add a new service by invoking an application function. If you wish to add a new service to the registry, you will need to ask the NSRR Registry Custodian (RC) to create the service for you. The custodian will create a new service with a name that you specify, and will also create and assign to your new service a Global Registry ID (GRID), which is a URI that uniquely identifies the service in the context of the World Wide Web. Once the service has been created, you will be able to start filling in its descriptive information. You can submit your new service request in either of two ways:
Requesting creation of a new service as part of getting a new NSRR user account
1. In the Request Account form, select Service Publisher access type.
2. Select New Service.
3. Enter the full name of the new service along with its abbreviation or acronym, e.g., Flight Plan Service (FPS), in the New Service Name. If you are a Contractor, you must provide the name of the FAA program manager or other individual who is responsible for service development and who can verify that you are allowed to modify the service(s) in the FAA Sponsor box.
4. Complete and submit your request for a new account as described in the Establishing an Account help page.
Requesting creation of a new service when using the NSRR as a Service Publisher
1. Select HELP in the navigation bar at the top of the page and click on Contact Us. A Contact form will open.
2. In the Contact form’s Subject field, enter the full name of the new service along with its abbreviation or acronym, e.g., Flight Plan Service (FPS). Use the form’s Message field to mention that this is a new service and to briefly describe your role in supporting the new service. If you are a Contractor who is expected to support this service, you must provide the name of the FAA program manager or other individual who is responsible for service development and who can verify that you are allowed to modify the service(s).
3. After you have submitted your request and have been notified by the RC that your new service has been created, you can start entering the service’s descriptive information. See the Modifying a Service help page.